If you need to contact any of these leadership bodies, please call the church office at 727-785-7487 and ask for Pastor Keith.
PHUMC Leadership Bodies
Church Conference – This is the connectional body to the UMC Florida Annual Conference, they meet annually to determine pastor salaries, and elect lay leadership.
Executive Council – This is the administrative body of the Church Conference. This body works with the senior pastor to plan strategically for the future of the church, holds the church accountable to our vision and mission, and operates as the Personnel, Finance, and Trustees committees. The Executive Council is made up of appointed clergy, business administrator, church pastors, Executive Director of Creative Arts, Business Administrator, and 9 elected laypersons. Each layperson will be part of a triad for Personnel, Finance, or Trustees.
- Triads will meet as needed:
- The triads of Finance, Trustees, and Personnel will meet independently of the Executive Council. No decisions are made by the triads. They bring their recommendations to the Executive Council for discussion and consensus.
- The Finance triad will meet every other month with the Finance Manager to review financials. They will work on developing the budget recommendation and present it to the Executive Council.
- Trustees triad would meet as needed for property concerns.
- The Personnel triad meets to review the staff handbook, develop staffing and hiring policies, and clergy evaluations. When making recommendations regarding personnel issues, lay staff members of the Executive Council will recuse themselves.
Senior Leadership Team – This team is made up of the appointed clergy, business administrator, and the Executive Director of Creative Arts. They meet weekly. They are entrusted to make the day-to-day decisions in the implementation of the strategic plan, vision, and mission of the church. This team addresses church-wide new ministry ideas and is held accountable by the Executive Council.
Worship Planning Team – This team is formed by the senior pastor to create and implement intergenerational worship services.
Ministry Teams – The ministry teams oversee the various areas of ministry. Each Ministry Team has its own budget and authority to initiate ministries within its structure. Each Ministry Team has a staff leader. Ministry Teams are Creative Arts, Business, Congregational Care, and Discipleship.
Board of Education – This committee oversees the ministries of Westlake Christian School, The Robin’s Nest Preschool, Stars and Comets before and aftercare, and Camp Cubber.
Permanent Endowment Committee – This committee has the opportunities, the responsibilities, and the authority to provide leadership for the local church in all matters relating to Planned Giving and endowments.