Teaching the Mind…Reaching the Heart
Westlake Christian School, founded in 1995 by the congregation of Palm Harbor United Methodist Church, is a college preparatory school serving children in grades kindergarten through eighth grade.
At Westlake, we are “teaching the mind and reaching the heart” of the next generation. We do so through Westlake’s rigorous curricula at all grade levels which prepares students to enter high school with a sound academic and spiritual foundation.
In the fall of 2012, Westlake was named a National Blue Ribbon School. Westlake Christian School is fully accredited by the Florida Kindergarten Council, the Florida Council of Independent Schools, and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/AdvancED.
About the School
- National Blue Ribbon School
- College Preparatory Program
- Well-Rounded experience
- Strong academics across all areas:
- Language Arts – Math – Science – Social Studies – Technology – Foreign Languages
- Fine Arts Development in vocal, instrumental, and theatre arts
- Sports Academy in K – 4th grades and competitive sports 5th – 8th grades
- Leadership Development, through National Junior Honor Society, Student Government, Student Ambassadors and others
- Community Service through local and international programs
- Duke University Talent Identification Program with more than 55 percent of students in 4th – 8th grade qualifying
Florida Kindergarten Council, Florida Council of Independent Schools,
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/AdvancED